It has been a while since we published an update on numerous forums and our website’s blog postings. We have been diligently working towards the conversion of Valley Sport for the 3rd Gen Tacoma. After hitting a few snags in development, contracting COVID among our entire staff, and taking a break for the holidays, we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
As such, we would like to clarify a few things for those who have questioned the time required for developing tunes or updates. Valley Tuning rigorously tests each and every tune produced to ensure not only its effectiveness in providing a noticeable improvement to your vehicle’s driving dynamics, we also perform longevity testing to ensure that the engine and transmission’s components remain unharmed from these edits. With Valley Runner, we took an aggressive tuning philosophy and then dialed back until we reached a near perfect product. Sport, however, is a different beast and leaves no map unedited within the tune file. Many of these maps have multiple parameters that the engine computer references, each page of parameters must be edit in order to prevent catastrophic failure from occurring. In all, Sport has logged over 15k miles on the in-house test trucks and over 10k on external tester’s vehicles. To paint a more clear picture, Valley Runner files being converted from one ECU to the next took roughly 3hrs for each file, Sport is taking around 7hrs for each to ensure the data is transferred properly. Once converted we need to create the files necessary to provide options for tire size and gear ratio, agm options, gear lock options, etc. Sport is NEARLY complete with this process due to the delays experienced over the past few weeks.
We are also consistently working on other projects and different areas of the company to provide the best experience and product for you all. Some of these projects are listed below…
- Valley Sport Conversion for 3rd Gen Toyota Tacoma
- Valley Runner & Valley Sport release for 5th Gen Toyota 4Runner
- Valley Runner & Valley Sport development for 2nd Gen Toyota Tacoma
- Numerous website changes and Installer features
- Improved support for Professional Installers
- Potential Development for additional vehicles (4cyl Tacoma & other manufacturers)
Within the next week or so we will be rolling out an improved way to find installers and make tuning appointments. No more long forms to fill out and lengthy emails, numerous ways to pay for tuning, and the ability to contact the installer of your choosing directly.
- Pre-Tuned ECU purchases have received a rework of how the process of ordering is done.
- New contract with Affirmtm providing customers with the option of 4mo ZERO interest payments on ALL Valley Tuning Products
- Slight website redesign, easier to navigate and find what you need
- Server updates to handle increased traffic loads and order processing
As always, we greatly appreciation all of your support and patience with the ongoing changes and development we have. We may not always be available on forums but you can always reach us for questions and comments through our website’s contact us form. Contact Us
Owner – Valley Tuning LLC